No products in the cart.
Red Bell Pepper (Local) – 500g
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Here are five reasons to increase your red pepper consumption:
1. Red peppers contain more than 200 percent of your daily vitamin C intake. Besides being a powerful antioxidant, vitamin C helpsthe proper absorption of iron. If you are iron deficient, try combining red peppers with your iron source for maximum absorption.
2. Red bell peppers are a great source of vitamin B6 and folate. Both these vitamins and minerals can help prevent anemia.
3. Red bell peppers help support healthy night vision. Red bell peppers are high in vitamin A, which helps to support healthy eyesight, especially night vision. So when it comes to bell peppers, seeing red is a good thing!
4. Red bell peppers are packed with antioxidants. The combined effects of vitamin A and C create a great antioxidant capacity, and with lycopene in the mix, the red bell pepper becomes a top notch superfood. Lycopene is what makes tomatoes and peppers red. Red peppers are one of the highest veggies in lycopene, which has been shown to help prevent many cancers including prostate and lung.
5. Burn more calories with red bell peppers. Recent research has shown that sweet red peppers can activate thermogenesis and increase metabolic rate. Red bell peppers do not contain capsaicin, which is what makes peppers hot and causes us to sweat, but they do have a mild thermogenic action that increases our metabolism without increasing our heart rate and blood pressure like the hot peppers do.
Hassle Free Returns
No questions asked, kindly see return policy.
All orders are shipped on the next business day.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
- Store Name: Gomarket Store
- Vendor: Gomarket Store
- Address: 3B Engr. George Enenmoh Crescent
Lekki Phase 1
- No ratings found yet!